1. According to John 13:34–35, how can others know if we are disciples of Jesus Christ?
“If ye have love one to another”
2. List some specific ways a disciple of Jesus Christ might respond in the following situations (in accordance with John 13:34–35):
- Someone you know is ridiculed or made fun of because of the way he or she dresses.
You might say something to them in private. Help them dress better or offer some suggestions on what might look better.
- You see a new person at church.
Introduce yourself. Help them feel welcome. Just be sincere and honestly tell them you are glad they’re at church.
3. Ponder the question, “Do people know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ by the way I treat them?” Select a family member, coworker, or neighbor and make a short list of things you can do during the coming week to show him or her the kind of love the Savior would show. Then follow through with what you wrote down.
I chose to pick my husband and show him that I love him this week; I think that people around me know that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ by the way I act, but I think there is always room for improvement and I should always be working to increase those relationships. I think it is sometimes interesting how we treat the ones we love most, the worst. I think it is because we spend so much time with them that it becomes easy sometimes. He helps me on a daily basis and I take a lot of it for granted.
- Saying compliments more often
- Reminding him that I love him
- Offering to help
- Listening more than talking
- Trying to understand
- Spending quality time together