During week 10 we learned about essential things to improve your landing pages in Ads. Something interesting that I read about was that it is ultimately my job to tell my customers why me product is awesome and I have fewer than five seconds to tell that story. After they click on that Ad, if its not appealing then my landing page as failed doing its job. In the reading provided for us I really liked this list on how you can improve your landing page experience.
- providing relevant, useful, and original content,
- promoting transparency and fostering trustworthiness on your site (for example, by explaining your products or services before asking visitors to fill out forms sharing their own information),
- making it easy for customers to navigate your site (including on mobile sites), and
- encouraging customers to spend time on your site (for example, by making sure your page loads quickly so people who click your ad don’t give up and leave your site prematurely).
- Relevant, useful and original content
- Make sure your landing page is directly relevant to your ad text and keyword.
- Provide useful information on your landing page about whatever you’re advertising.
- Try to offer useful features or content that are unique to your site.
- Transparency and trustworthiness
- Make it easy for visitors to find your contact information.
- If you request personal information from customers, make it clear why you’re asking for it and what you’ll do with it.
- Distinguish sponsored links, like ads, from the rest of your site content.
- Openly share information about your business and clearly state what your business does.
- Ease of navigation
- Don’t make people hunt around for the information they might need.
- Make it quick and easy for people to order the product mentioned in your ad.
- Don’t annoy customers with pop-ups or other features that interfere with their navigation on your site.
- Make sure people can easily find information to learn more about the advertised product.
We also learned about Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” search results on search engines.