- Description: Three logo variations for the same company
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): This was really fun to create a logo in Illustrator. I used the shape tool to create a rectangle. I used the direct select tool to manipulate some of the curves on the ends to create more of a wakeboard shape. I then used the pen tool to make the lines to create the illusion of where a fin would be on wakeboards and I used the pen tool to create the waves. I also used the direct select tool to adjust anchors and anchor points. The typography used played a big role in this project and was also interesting. I made sure to choose fonts from contrasting categories to capitalize on the contrast. I also tried getting some more contrast by changing the sizes of the words
- Message: Ollie X Wakeboards are perfect for shredders who want to flip ollies and do other tricks on the wake.
- Audience: People who are interested in wakeboarding or water sports.
- Top Thing Learned: How to use my stroke tool for different ideas to create the font to look different.
- Three Color Scheme and Color Names:
- Top Logo: Monochromatic; Blue
- Middle Logo: Complementary; Blue and Yellow-Orange
- Bottom Logo: Split Complementary; Green, Purple and Red.
- Three sets of Title / Body Font Names & Categories:\
- Top Logo – Font #1: PT Sans Narrow (Sans Serif)
- Top Logo – Font #2: PT Sans Narrow (Sans Serif)
- Middle Logo – Font #1: Tw Cen MT (Sans Serif)
- Middle Logo – Font #2: Tw Cen MT (Sans Serif)
- Bottom Logo – Font #1: Eurostile (Sans Serif)
- Bottom Logo – Font #2: Eurostile (Sans Serif)
Votes on favorite logo: Top Logo = 4; Middle Logo = 0; Bottom Logo = 6;
My favorite logo is the last one that looks like a wakeboard.